1. Sitting in the directors chair for a Best Picture winner is no guarantee of an Oscar for Best Director. The directors of three Best Picture winners - Wings (1927/28), Grand Hotel (1931/32), and Driving Miss Daisy (1989) - weren't even nominated.
2. Need a kids directors chair with color? Our selection of kids directors chairs includes the official colors and logos of select teams from the NBA, NHL, and Major League Baseball.
3. Outdoor directors chairs are made from attractive and weather-resistant materials, including oak and aluminum, and non-fading fabric. An outdoor directors chair is convenient for patios, pools, and other leisure spots.
4. Spencer Gordon Bennet may have sat in more directors chairs than anyone else in history (at least metaphorically). Known as The King of Serial Directors, Bennet directed 121 films from 1921 to 1974. You'll find a wide selection of directors chairs to create your own indoor theater in your rec room.
5. When shopping for directors chairs, keep in mind that a standard directors chair seat is about 16 to 18 inches, with an overall height of 32 to 34 inches. Bar height directors chairs are 29 to 31 inches in seat height and overall 45 to 47 inches tall.
6. Aluminum directors chairs should get their own superhero film franchise: they're strong enough to support bigger bodies yet light enough to transport everywhere, with superb corrosion resistance for fighting rust and outdoor elements. Aluminum director chair to the rescue!
7. Like film producers, kids like to see their names on things. A personalized kids director chair makes a great gift for a precocious young artist. Personalized kids director chairs are also a creative way to mark seating arrangements at home or school.